Volunteer at our Events
Seeking volunteers to help us prepare for and host our Backpack Gift~Away event.
Thank you for us provide back to school supplies and essential items to the families we serve!
Click on the link to sign-up to volunteer: http://www.volunteerventuracounty.org/agency/mgrStats/?start=01%2F01%2F2021&end=03%2F02%2F21&agency_id=53693.
Contact Jeni Futvoye at 805-940-6323, email@example.com.
Help us PREP for our Backpack Gift~Away event:
Location: Kids & Families Together, 864 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura
(back parking lot, enter on Kalorama St/one-way drive way)
Fri, July 23: 3-5:30pm: help organize donations
Thurs, July 29: 3-5:30pm: help stuff backpacks/organize donations
Thur, Aug 5: 3-5:30pm: help stuff backpacks/organize donations
Fri, Aug 6: 3-5:30pm: help stuff backpacks/organize donations
Thur, Aug 12: 3-5pm: help transport donations to across the street at River Community Church
Fri, Aug 13: 3-5pm (pending)
Backpack Gift~Away Volunteer Schedule
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Location: River Community Church, 859 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura 93001
Help is needed in the morning for set-up, at the event, clean-up/break-down and unloading at our storage.
10:15am -12:30pm: event
12:15am -2:15pm: break-down/unload at Kids & Families Together (across the street)
For more information contact:
Jeni Futvoye, Community Resource Manager
805-643-1446 ext. 108, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie McAuliffe Sandoval, Heart 2 Heart Program Manager
805-643-1446 ext. 131, email@example.com.
To sign-up with Volunteer Ventura County:
- Start by clicking on the “Log-in” button at the top and create an account.
- Next, register for a volunteer need under Kids & Families Together.
- Once scheduled, you will receive an email confirming your volunteer registration.
- Please unregister yourself if you are unable to volunteer as scheduled.
- Please put yourself on a wait-list if the opportunity is full, as we do get cancellations.
- If you need to cancel, we understand and please do so by 6 pm the previous day scheduled. You can also text Jeni Futvoye at 805-940-6323, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for our upcoming event.
In order to maintain health and safety protocols during COVID-19, please see below for our volunteer guidelines.
- Minimum volunteer age is 12, minor volunteers must be accompanied by an adult.
- A volunteer who has tested positive in the past 14 days or lives with someone who has tested positive in the past 14 days, may not attend this event.
- If you have a fever (or had one in past 3 days), a dry cough, loss of taste/smell, body aches, or shortness of breath, please do not attend. Assessment questions will be asked day of event before you can enter.
- Masks are required; there are no exceptions. If you cannot wear a mask, please wait for future events that may not require them.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. The mask must stay on your face for the entire event.
- 6’ physical distance must be adhered to.
- Gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Bathrooms may not be available so please plan accordingly.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, sun protection, and close-toed shoes; no sandals.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided.
Support our gift away efforts-helping families with essential & basic needs!
For more information or questions:
Please contact Jeni Futvoye- (805) 940-6323, email@example.com.