Kids and Families Together is a not-for-profit support, education, and counseling resource center that provides services for individuals and families in foster care, kinship care, and adoption, for the preservation of families and the physical, emotional, and mental health of children
Peer Partner and Educator (PPE)
PPEs work part-time up to 20 hours/week including day time hours M-F and some Saturday’s. Weekday availability is required. PPEs are assigned to resource families/caregivers caring for children in court dependency. PPEs meet with assigned caregivers on a weekly basis. PPEs offer education-support services on how to utilize community resources and county systems of support.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Provide education and support services to resource families
- Responsible to complete and submit program reports and time cards in a web-based program within specified timeframes
- Responsible for coaching resource families to learn how to navigate the Child Welfare System and access and utilize community resources, e.g. mental health services, education IEP, foster benefits, Medi-Cal, and basic needs/personal needs
- Assist with referral and linkages for resource caregivers
- Meet with and/or contact resource caregivers at least once a week or on an as needed basis
- Participate or facilitate in Parent Education, Pre-Service Training, Education-Support classes and Community-Outreach Events
- Attend required training, case management and supervisory meetings
- To be (or have been) a foster/resource parent for two years with at least two placements, and knowledge of Ventura County Child Welfare System
- Proven excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications e.g. Excel, Word, including: Outlook, Email, Data entry experience a plus
- Must be able to use a keyboard and look at a computer screen for up to 15 minutes
- Must be able to climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a reliable car and valid auto insurance as job requires travel throughout Ventura County
You must submit a cover letter to include your caregiver experience and a resume in Word
Hourly rate: $17/hour
BENEFITS INCLUDE Dental, Vision, 403(b) retirement plan, AFLAC supplemental insurance
Send cover letters and resumes to: HR@kidsandfamilies.org
Bi-Lingual (Required) Clinical Associate
We are looking for clinicians who have experience working with children and families experiencing trauma.
A Master’s Degree in Psychology; Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work leading to an LMFT or LCSW is a mandatory requirement. A valid BBS Intern number is also required. Spanish bi-lingual is preferred!
- You can work with Ventura County children and caregivers who may be overwhelmed or in crisis.
- You like working with children from infant to teen.
- You are able to adjust to a flexible work schedule (based on caregiver availability and your caseload).
- You embrace attachment and trauma informed therapy and appreciate and respect cultural and other kinds of diversity.
- You maintain daily case notes and process them in timely fashion
- You meet deadlines and mandatory timelines
- You enjoy field work and serving clients in-home throughout Ventura County and providing excellent counseling, psychoeducation and support.
You MUST have a reliable vehicle (driver’s license and insurance) and Associate number (or applying immediately).
- Master’s degree required
- ASW, AMFT, LPCC, LMFT, LCSW preferred
- Spanish/English bilingual abilities required
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Clearance of fingerprints and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Prior knowledge of MediCal billing required
- Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with children and families preferred
- Full-Time – Monday – Friday
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and a 403(b)-retirement plan
- 1 week sick leave, 2 weeks paid vacation
Submit your employment application, cover letter, and resume to HR@kidsandfamilies.org.
How To Apply
1. Scroll to the bottom and complete the Employment Application.
2. Submit your employment application, cover letter and resume to HR@kidsandfamilies.org.
This job may be 35 hours or less; full-time may be available as well.
You MUST have a reliable vehicle (driver’s license and insurance will be verified.)
You are required to do a LiveScan background check as a condition of employment.
Benefits include: Medical (25+hrs/wk). Dental and Vision. AFLAC Supplemental insurance, 403(b) savings plan, Sick time, and Vacation (at FT 35+hrs/wk).