MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN (Spanish Bi-lingual)
We are looking for mental health clinicians who are interested in and motivated to help children and families heal, using a humanistic, strength-based, and trauma-informed approach. Both part-time and full-time positions are available. Bilingual preferred!
- A. or M.S. in clinical psychology, social work, or counseling psychology; or currently an LMFT or LCSW*
- Has a valid BBS registration/license number or proof of school enrollment (for trainees).
- Has a valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Livescan/fingerprint clearance
- Clean history with the BBS; no history of license suspension/revocation due to malpractice
*trainees are welcome to apply! However, we encourage only those who are close to graduating
Preferred (not required):
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Child Welfare/Children and Family Services
- Experience with Medi-Cal billing and documentation
- Has worked with resistant/mandated clients
- Knowledge or experience with Domestic Violence and/or Substance Abuse
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides in-home and in-office therapy and case management services to children (0-18), families, and parents/caregivers across Ventura County
- Has a strong motivation to learn, the capacity for self-examination, self-disclosure, and an ability to empathize with all clients, free of judgment.
- Works well with other service providers in the community
- Is dependable when communicating with manager, colleagues, and community partners
- Maintains cultural humility and is committed to diversity and inclusion in order to best serve families from all backgrounds and help maintain an equitable workplace.
- Diligently maintains timely documentation and billing per Medi-Cal mandate
- Practices good time-management and healthy boundaries throughout the work day
- Is available to see clients Monday-Friday, during normal business hours (8:30a-6p)
- Efficiently completes clinical documentation such as biopsychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes
- Attends and actively participates in weekly supervision groups, and biweekly individual supervision, at minimum
Benefits/What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Benefits packages available, including medical, dental, vision, AFLAC, and a 403(b)-retirement plan – as applicable
- Paid vacation, sick time, and bereavement – as applicable
- Ability to make your own schedule (within normal business hours, M-F, 8a-6p)
- Clinical trainings specific to our model and approach
- Weekend/on-call hours are not a requirement or expectation
- Bilingual incentive offered
Submit your employment application, cover letter, and resume to HR@kidsandfamilies.org.
How To Apply
1. Scroll to the bottom and complete the Employment Application.
2. Submit your employment application, cover letter and resume to HR@kidsandfamilies.org
You MUST have a reliable vehicle (driver’s license and insurance will be verified.)
You are required to do a LiveScan background check as a condition of employment.
Benefits include: Medical (25+hrs/wk). Dental and Vision. AFLAC supplemental insurance, 403(b) savings plan, Sick time, and Vacation (at FT 35+hrs/wk).