Therapeutic Visitation Center (TVC)
The Therapeutic Visitation Center is a collaboration between Kids & Families Together and Ventura County Human Services Agency’s Children and Family Services.
Utilizing the 5 Protective Factors that Strengthen Families and Protect Children
- Parental Resilience
- Social Connections
- Concrete Supports in Time of Need
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children
In addition services will facilitate trauma informed parenting and the development of secure attachments.
- Comprehensive Assessment of Family Needs
- Therapeutic Family Support
- Psycho-educational Parent Classes
- Support Groups to help connect parents to strengthen social networks
- Individual Parent Services
- Joint Child & Parent Therapy
Parent Workshop – 6 Hours
- Mandatory Parent Training on the effects of Trauma and Attachment
- Classroom style encourages participant interaction
- 6 hours of Training
Weekly Parent & Child Visits
- Therapeutic, court ordered Family visits are facilitated at the Therapeutic Visitation Center in conjunction to in-home support services.
- Parent Support Groups
Adult Process Group
- Allows for parents to do an in-depth examination of parenting and attachment motives rooted in attachment history, in a safe supportive environment.
- Serving families with court ordered supervised visitation with referral from the family’s Child Welfare Social Worker.
- Prior to reunification, therapy and other forms of continued support will be available for families.
- Multi-Disciplinary Team to Coordinate Services
- Strength-Based Model
- Creating Partnership with Families
- Honor Cultural Diversity
Therapeutic Center Services
- Therapeutic Model
- Community Resource Wall
- Story Time-Library
- Arts & Crafts, Music, Baking
Visitation Center Team
- Family Support Specialist – trained in Trauma
- Case Aides (CFS)
- Parent Partners
- Community Volunteers
- Public Health Nurses
- Social Workers
*All Therapeutic Visitation Center services, groups, and workshops are offered in both English and Spanish.