Kids & Families Together in collaboration with Ventura County Children & Family Services, presents a new training- Vaping the New Gateway: This is Not Your Parent’s Tobacco
The age a person first begins using drugs and alcohol is critical to reduce the risk of developing a
substance use disorder. 90% of adults living with addiction started misusing substances before
the age of 18. Alcohol, tobacco and marijuana have traditionally been the 3 most popular drugs
for youth since the 1970’s. In 2006 the e-cigarette was introduced in the U.S. and 16 years later it
is more popular for teens than alcohol. Unlike their grandparents and parents’ addiction and
severe medical issues occur much faster.
When: Thursday, October 12, 2022 from 10:30am-12:00pm
Develop a greater understanding of how to guide the teen
▪ Inspire increased communication between caregivers and
▪ Reduce youth mental health crisis.
▪ Strengthen awareness of personal mental health
▪ Increased awareness of youth risks and protective factors
▪ Prepare to set expectations and Focus on the behavior not
▪ Know your teens activities and Recognize warning signs
Please Click Images to Expand